Thursday 30 July 2009

The ONE for right now.

The ONE is such a scary word, but do you really think you have found the one for forever?
You get past the 3 month trouble and then the 6 month trouble and before you know it your second anniversary is right around the corner and suddenly the scary things start pouring out of yours and your partners mouth.
"Do you see yourself marrying me?"
"Do you want to marry me?"
"Where do you see us in a few years time?"
This isn't what I'm used to but I found myself saying;
"Yes I do want to marry you."
"I see us married with our own house etc etc."
Then he really gets serious and believes you want to marry him and spend the rest of your life with him, tells his sister and next thing you know she is on the phone to you.
I quote "You may think you are the one, but you are not the one forever, you are the one for right now. He is just settling for you untill someone better comes along, so don't get your hopes up, it will all fall through."
So then you are left alone in your flat with your friends drinking two bottles of wine mumbling shite untill your friends realise they can't control your insane outburts and call in your lovely boyfriend to check you are still sane. He then mumbles all this rubbish about how perfect you are, you will be together untill you are old wrinkly and smell and then you will die together.
He leaves and next thing you know you wake up next to the toilet with nothing but a horrible hangover and vomit breath to show for it.
Oh the trouble of being the ONE, I'd like to think it isn't only me who goes into an alcoholic frenzy at the mention of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment